Custom Fields usage in Filter Expression

Nov 20, 2012 at 3:58 PM

I had been using the Event Subscription Tool successfully for a while, but recently had the need to use some custom fields as criterial to send emails.  Perhaps since this tool is a bit newer maybe someone has happened upon this issue and could help me.

I have tried using

"ChangedFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='ABC.PeerCodeReviewer']/OldValue" = 'user1' ,

and I have tried

"CoreFields/StringFields/Field[ReferenceName='ABC.PeerCodeReviewer']/OldValue" = 'user1'

and neither one seems to work. What is the correct way to reference custom fields via xPath?  Or is there some guide that I could look at to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Hi,

I have a similar question -- Does this plug-in support custom fields? Based on your blog post, it should, but based on BryanDickerson's post, it doesn't seem to work? We're struggling with creating filters for custom fields in alerts as well :-(

Thanks,
Angie
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Working on the same thing. Trying to find the syntax, thought I had it but not yet.
Jun 5, 2013 at 2:27 PM
I was able to pull in a custom field as an alert recipient. It seems that it is not NewValue or OldValue, but instead just Value.

I had to add code to write out the XML to see what it looked like.

Now I am stuck because the alert gets triggered 2X every time. So if I have custom field 1, 2, a system field, and a hardcoded email, a total of 8 emails go out. I confirmed it is not an email thing, the event actually gets triggered 2X. Not sure why, it isn't the filter, I have tried many different filters and it is the same.

Not sure how to prevent it, since there is no way to keep track in memory, it would have to be persisted, e.g. if sent already for WI 1 don't send again. Not a good solution but I need something at this point.